Saturday, January 17, 2009

I Love Pasar Malam !!!

 

A set of three drums, from small to big, ideal for my niece Yann and her two daughters.
 

A single drum and it proudced beautiful music.
 

School children will like these lovely notebooks!

I love pasar malam. In Malay, pasar means market and malam means night. Although it means night market, the stall holders also operate in the day as well.....usually late afternoon to midnight. I also like the fact that pasar malam moves around the heartland shopping complexes and sometimes in hdb estates. Readers can always find out where the latest pasar malam is being held by searching the information in the computer. Just type under search, "Pasar Malam in Singapore".

I can find lots of interesting things which are a fraction of the cost of those found in some shops or departmental stores. Some of you may say that they are of different qualities! I will not argue with you. The only way for you to find out is to purchase some items and test them. :-)

The above were some of the items I bought recently. I was thrilled to find the drums for the ones sold in music shops are above $55/-. I bought the big drum which even has a wooden holder at $20/-. It even has a wooden display. The set of three drums also cost $20/-, a special price given to me as I had purchased quite a number of things from the stall owner. He is friendly and warm, and when I told him I would like to take photos, he readily obliged.

The note books with various designs like Hello Kitty, Winne the Pooh and Mickey Mouse cost $1.00 for the smaller one with binding, and $1.20 for the bigger one. I was also thrilled to find the huge Barbie Doll towel. It cost $7/- and the stall holder gave me three for $20/-. A lovely gift for the big towels will enable bathers to wrap it round them after a shower.

Stretch your dollars! Shop around and you will be amazed at what you can find!!!

Gan Chau
 
Posted by Picasa


A lovely Hannah Montana towel. The huge towel costs only $7.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment